Banana Nice Cream
Compliments of Whole Foods.
Easy as 1-2-3, this creamy, sweet and cool snack or dessert proves that added sugar and oil are not always necessary to satisfy your cravings. Keep some peeled bananas in your freezer so they'll be ready when you are.
2 bananas, sliced and frozen
1 cup unsweetened soy milk
2 tablespoons smooth almond butter
1. Put bananas, milk and almond butter into a blender.
2. Puree, turning off the motor and stirring the mixture two or three times, until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour into two bowls and serve.
- Use almond milk or rice milk instead of soymilk.
- Use cashew butter or peanut butter instead of almond butter.
- Top with chopped nuts or fruit, coconut shreds, ground flaxseed, chocolate chips, etc.